Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lesson Learned

You should never brag. Even if you think you have a really good reason and there is no possible way that bragging about it will jinx it. Because it will.

I've been bragging about how my current writing project, the intended sequel to Blood-Bound, has been going for me. Every time I sat down to write, things just flowed. My outline was working beautifully, and the ideas just kept coming. And then...

My characters got in a huge catfight in my brain. (not fun) Some didn't like the direction of the plot, others were jealous of the attention others were getting, and one decided to tell me about a major part of the story that wasn't in my outline. So....

My sequel has turned into a (maybe) trilogy, I'm going to have to do a lot of re-writing, and my progress over the long weekend has been VERY SLOW.

So, moral of the story: Don't Brag. The voices in your head won't like it.

1 comment:

  1. LOL your characters sound a lot like mine VERY tempermental--just listen to them and things will work out.

    ReplyDelete