Friday, June 15, 2012

Progress

For those of you who missed my facebook updates, I have officially passed the halfway point on my new MS, and I found out earlier this week that I'll be working with Vic Caswell for the cover art on Blood-Bound. I'm making progress! We have out own ideas on what the cover should look like, but I'm wondering: when you think of the best cover ever, what o you see? Is it a character/scene from the book, or is it more symbolic? Do you prefer the simple or complex?

In other news, keep an eye on my blog at the end of the month. I'll be doing a hop/giveaway with some cool goodies.  Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I like the symbolic- could be a charachter from the book, not specifically a scene. My favorites are the covers from the older JD RObb In Death Series with the blue covers.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the symbolic too. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. You are so lucky! Vic is the greatest - wait till you see my cover which will be revealed this Friday! She does a great job and is so open to ideas. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw man, you're asking the hard questions.
    i really think each book should be considered individually.
    the story, the atmosphere, the symbolism, the genre, and the readers who would enjoy the book. :)

    ReplyDelete