Monday, June 18, 2012

Review: Betrayed, Ednah Walters


Lil isn't just an average teenager. She's one of the Nephilim--the descendants of humans and angels--which gives her some serious psi skills and a mission for redemption. Just when Lil thinks she's found a balance between her normal life with human friends and her training to become a Guardian, she's warned that someone close to her will betray her. When the boy she loves starts acting strangely and one of her human friends acquires a supernatural ability, Lil begins to realize that someone is manipulating the people she loves... and won't stop until she's been lured to the dark side. Goodreads

I loved this book (and the cover!). I will admit that I was a little lost the first chapter or so, but once I got sucked in Walters' world I never wanted to leave. The plot was fast-paced and never dragged, the characters were relateable, and the twists kept me guessing. I loved that right up to the end, I was never 100% sure who the bad guys really were.

I really felt a connection to Lil. Even though she's "the Chosen One," she still makes her own path, not bending to others' ideas of what she's supposed to be. But that doesn't mean she's always strong or sure of what she's supposed to do.That made her more real to me.

The romance: I will admit that Bran isn't my idea of a perfect date, but that doesn't mean I didn't like him and Lil together. Even though they are "meant to be together," they still have problems they need to work out, and have to learn to trust each other. Their connection is intense, but not so much so that it overshadows the bigger story, which happens a lot. I think it's great that while they are better together, they are able to function apart as well.

Rating 4.5/5 stars

YA notes: Mild Language

Note: I am a freelance editor for Spencer Hill Press. This in no way altered my review.

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooooo far behind on my reading *sigh* this book is next on my TBR though. Sounds like it will be worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete