Monday, April 29, 2013

I'd Like to Thank...

As some of you may have seen on facebook over the weekend, I turned in my Acknowledgements page for Blood Bound. Just like every other step on this journey, it hit me that this is really real. And it's close. I won't lie, I shed a few tears before I clicked the "send" button. Writing a book is a huge project, bigger than I ever thought. I tried as hard as I could, but there is no way to thank everyone who was involved in the process. From ideas and brainstorming to reading and re-reading (again and again) I'm sure I've annoyed every person I know, talking about my projects. And that was before I was even signed, and the "real work" began.

I guess writing the acknowledgements just made everything feel more final to me. Oh, I know there is plenty left to be done. Interviews, promotions, book signings, and the list goes on. But my editors didn't change their minds and run the other way. My amazing cover artist didn't throw in the towel. So, basically, I'm a few short steps from holding a real, printed copy of MY BOOK. And if I get any more excited, I'm going to pop. All this is to say, if you're taking the time to read my ramblings,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment