Sunday, April 7, 2013

Review: Reached (Matched #3) Ally Condie




After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.  Goodreads

The writing style in Reached was what I've come to expect from Ally Condie, beautiful and poetic. But the final installment felt a bit more predictable to me, and the world lost some of it's pull. That said, it was still a solid conclusion, tying up most of the ends, but leaving just enough for the reader to wonder and hope for the brightest future possible.

I still say I don't get the Cassia/Ky relationship, and Xander would have been my choice, but in the end, it was the ability to have a choice that mattered. I was happy to see more of Xander in this book, and for he and Cassia to be able to finally tell each other that they'd chosen the same things. 

There is a lot of death in the final installment, and I may have shed a tear or two over some characters we've known from the beginning. But I loved that everyone who survived  seemed to have the will not only to continue on, but to make things better.

I can't really say anything about the end, without giving it away. But on one leve it felt that everything was leading this direction, while on the other I was left wondering "where did (insert specific character) come from?" 

If you've read the first books in this series, you'll definitely need to see how this one ends!

Rating 4/5 stars
YA notes Mild language  


No comments:

Post a Comment